This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

BRDLite, Web Deploy and Multiple Web Projects in Solution

Mar 28, 2012 at 7:59 PM

I am struggling with BRDLite. The solution (not designed by me) has 4 different web applications which are deployed to the Default Web Site as 4 applications. Unfortunately with BRDlite this seems to break. Is it really true that BRD lite cannot deploy this?

Symptoms:

• BRDlite creates 4 packages (as expected)
  • Each command file installs the web app in the root (instead of nested with the application name)

Any suggestions?

Mar 29, 2012 at 11:23 AM

Hi,

Are you setting the IIS name in the Visual Studio project properties under Package/Publish Web > IIS Web Site/Application for each project?  I don't believe the BRDLite template is setting the application name but I'll verify to make sure.

Thanks,
Mike

Mar 29, 2012 at 11:42 AM

Hi,

I just looked at the template.  There is a property for the WebDeployIISWebApplicationName.  However, it looks like if you leave it blank, it will use the one you specified in the project properies.  Also it will automatically add /p:DeployOnBuild=True so that should be good.

Let me know if that works.

Thanks,

Mike 

Mar 30, 2012 at 5:38 PM

Mike,
Yes both of your observations are correct. This was simply a question of documentation not being quite enough for a novice user.

One nice addition would be to generate a cmd file stringing together all packages (in my case 4) created by msbuild. I created such a file manually.

Thank you,
Heinrich