This Visual Studio ALM Ranger project has the primary goal of delivering scenario based and hands-on lab guidance for the customization and deployment of Team Foundation Build.
Guidance, Hands-on Labs and Quick Reference Posters.
Visual Studio ALM Rangers
This guidance is created by the Visual Studio ALM Rangers, who have the mission to provide out of band solutions for missing features and/or guidance. This content was created with support from Microsoft Product Group, members of Microsoft Services, Microsoft
Most Valued Professionals (MVPs) and technical specialists from technology communities around the globe, giving you a real-world view from the field, where the technology has been tested and used.
What is included in the downloads?
The solution is divided in separate packages to give you the choice of selective downloads. The default download is the first of the listed packages:
- Guidance contains scenario based practical guidance, frequently asked questions and quick reference posters
- Contains guidance and quick reference posters
- Hands-on Labs (HOL) includes:
- HOL documents that provide walkthroughs of the technology, based on the guidance
- HOL Package includes a setup part which prepares and configures your environment for this lab
- BRDLite Build Process Reference Template walk-through
- Samples contains sample build process templates used by the team as part of the guidance
- Videos which showcase the guidance in quick 5-10min videos
The Epics included in the guidance are:
- Practical guidance and tooling to simplify the customization of Team Foundation Build
- Practical guidance to use Team Foundation Build process templates to automate build and non-build scenarios in Microsoft environments
- Practical guidance to enable simple and flexible deployment of applications and their data stores
- Practical guidance for Activities to empower developers and build engineers
- Quality hands-on labs that complement the guidance and effectively guide the user through the features
- Visualization of the guidance using quick reference posters
Community TFS Build Extensions – this project makes use of the Community TFS Build Extensions (http://tfsbuildextensions.codeplex.com) which is a collection of custom build activities, templates and other
resources for Team Foundation Build. Please visit and follow this project for the latest releases.
- Adimulam Sudheer, André Dias, Bill Heys, Bijan Javidi, Bob Hardister, Brandon Hawbaker, Brian Blackman, Brian Minisi, Daniel Franco Abrahão de Oliveira, David Corbin, Ed Blankenship, Ewald Hofman, Fabio Casado, Fabio Stawinski, Francisco Xavier Fagas Albarracín,
Giulio Vian, Hassan Fadili, Jahangeer Mohammed, Jakob Ehn, Jeff Bramwell, Jens K. Süßmeyer, Jim Lamb, John Jacob (JJ), John Spinella, Joseph Abukhader, Leonard S. Woody III, Mark Nichols, Mathias Olausson, Mike Douglas , Mike Fourie, Nico Orschel, Oliver Hilgers,
Patricia Wagner, Petr Moravek, Pierre Donyegro, Rahul Chugh, Richard Fennell, Sai Charan Chirravuri, Silfarney Wallace, Steven Lange, Stuart Preston, Sven Hubert, Thomas Schissler, Tiago Pascoal, Tim Star, Tony Feissle, William Bartholomew, Willy-Peter Schaub
- André Dias, Bijan Javidi, Brandon Hawbaker, Carsten Duellmann, Jakob Ehn, Fabio Stawinski, Jahangeer Mohammed, Jens Suessmeyer, Jim Lamb, John Jacob, John Spinella, Mark Nichols, Matthew Wilson, Mike Douglas, Mike Fourie, Petr Moravek, Richard Fennell,
Tiago Pascoal, Tony Feissle, William Bartholomew, Willy-Peter Schaub
How to submit new ideas?
The recommended method is to post ideas to the
Discussions page or to contact the Rangers at
Post comments on the
… “Rosie” the
African Tawny Eagle (ATE) … the